Sunday, July 17, 2011

What now??

Wow it's been a while since I last posted. But am in deep thought tonight as I think of how all my babies are growing up. Ben and I are planning on making Jentry the baby of the bunch, but who knows what God has planned for us??? But Jayden is starting 6th grade this yr and is growing so fast and I really don't know how to deal with it???? I know how to love my babies when they are babies but what do I do when they are older??? I know Jentry is still a baby but life is going way too fast for me and her little life is passing every time I blink. And the middle 2 boys wow this is Hayes last yr home w me then next yr kindergarten. Pace in 2nd grade already???

I guess I am wanting to ask all you "Veteran Parents" how to savor their childhood as they grow in to adults??? What things do I have to look forward to as I have older kids and no more newborn babies???

Guess I am a little freaked out by how time flies and I have no control over it.


2 comments:

Laura said...

You can look forward to sleeping all night for a while (until we hit the teen years and let them stay out later...unless we can agree now to never let Sadie and Jayden go anywhere.)
You do a great job of savoring the moments with your kids. All of the family time you spend together is awesome! Just enjoy every day. I'm sure this next year with our sixth graders will be interesting, if not trying. But, I bet we'll make it through just fine. Think of all of the football games and stockshows you have to look forward to.
(Also, no diapers in the house is a fabulous thing!!)

Teacher said...

I have been realizing the very same things. Lynn was still a baby in my eyes until Hannah came...then I realized how much she is NOT a baby any more...we are not having any more babies so I am staring at Hannah constantly. Idk how to hold on to the baby stage either...:(