Friday, January 22, 2010

Homemade laundry detergent

Well after about 4 months we finished the first batch of our homemade laundry detergent. Wow it only cost us $5 to buy the supplies to make the detergent which the supplies make 2 batches so $2.50 for 4 months of laundry for a family of 5 wow. I am going to mix up another batch today. My sister told me about this recipe she uses it also. I found it on the Duggar's website and it is also in their book 20 And Counting. I am posting a link to the recipe here because why pay for high $ detergent when this is so cheap and works. This has saved my family alot of money we usually bought a $20 big deal of liquid Tide every couple weeks so we have saved about $160.00 - $2.50= $157.50

http://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html

Also I just use a regular bar of soap instead of the Naptha's soap bar any kind of bar soap will work even really cheap bars. We used irish spring cause we like the smell. Also Walmart in canyon didn't carry alot of the ingridients but United did.

No comments: