The place is called Home Cafe.... here is the website http://www.our1home.com/index.html
Everything is homemade they specialize in pastries. They have a different menu everyday. .
When we went:
Ben got the Hamburger which was no ordinary burger a homemade bun with some kind of cheese for got the name it was a soft cheese though... veggies on the side and a hand made patty... with homemade potato wedges...
Jayden got the fish and chips... hand breaded cod fish with the homemade potato wedges and homemade tarter sauce for dipping.
Pace got the kids grilled cheese which he loved cause it had a tomato on it and if you know Pace he eats tomatoes like candy... It was on a flat homemade bread with 2 different kinds of cheeses, with homemade potato chips.
Hayes got the mac and cheese off the kids menu which was homemade of course.
I got the chicken salad which was spinich and baby spring mix on the side of a plate with a homemade vinegerette dressing... the same soft cheese that Ben had that I can't remember the name of... with shredded chicken on the side and a homemade cracker like bread that was so good..... oh yeah and grilled pears with onions on the side too. I also got the soup of the day it was a toasted garlc,yam, and apple bacon soup oh my gosh this was wonderful!!
They serve you rolls with butter before your meal. One thing the kids loved was the cups you drink out of are mason jars.
The decor is very antique and frugal... which is my style I love it.... the walls are lined with all kinds of old doors and shelves above full of all kinds of old antiques. The tables you sit at are all unique, old table that probably came from a yard sale all with a unique chair Ben the boys and I all had different chairs which the boys made competitive in saying my chair is taller than yours or my chair has more cushion or my chair is bigger.... lol they had fun with that. One wall had old pictures black and whites hanging from a string with clothes pins it was cool to look at them.
I recomend getting their as soon as they start serving lunch they fill up fast and run out of some of the specials of the day they were out of 2 specials the day we went and it was only 12:30. Also next time I go I will save room for dessert it looked wonderful and I just had not more room for it. None of us did we took home a doggy bag we were so full.
If you are ever in Lubbock it is worth going to..... look at the website for location and hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment