Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quality time with my husband...

Ben and I for the past couple of weeks have been getting up early and sitting on the back porch with a cup of coffee (not a big fan of it but do drink a half cup) We listen to the rooster crow and talk.

I read in the Upper Room yesterday a story of a lady who said her husband and her had grown apart and were divorcing... after 32 years of marraige! I thought to myself I don't want this to be us.

My point is I think you have to have some quality time together to remember who you are as a couple because between the crazy life we all lead and the kids, you forget.

I don't know if this would have saved this lady's marraige all I am saying is I am trying to prevent mine from crashing.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Yay for you and Ben!
You are right, we can get so caught up in our lives and the kids that we forget to nurture the relationship with our spouse. We sometimes forget that in the end, it is just the two of us again.
So happy that you and Ben are realizing what's important.

PS--aren't chickens relaxing???

Bee Happy said...

THAT is AWESOME!! Thanks for the comments on my blog. You are the cutest little mom and wife. I love to watch your family and you. I am not trying to be weird, just proud of you. Old people like me can learn from their students. I really think you are sweet.

CimA said...

Totally agree with you on that. Aaron and I found out we were having Emma so soon after we got married (2 months) that we missed out on all the fun stuff of just being a couple and figuring out marriage with just the two of us. So, it's so hard for us to find time to spend together...just us. But it is so incredibly important. Kudos to you and your husband for starting now.

TREY MORGAN said...

You're on the right track. Your hubby is a lucky man that you're willing to make time to spend together ... keep it up.