Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We have EGGS!!!

Well, just one egg, actually, but it's a great feeling to finally have fresh eggs. One of the barred rock hens laid her first egg today. Good hard shell, perfect size!

Our egg on the left compared to one from the store. Just right size, I'd say!

Here was the site when I looked for eggs this afternoon (actually, the hen was JUST finishing laying the egg when I looked, so she was still in the box, but after she got up, it looked like this!)


Here's the back of the hen-house where we collect the eggs. We have 10 nest boxes (a little overkill for the moment, but they were free). This is the top set of five, there's another trap-door below this one for the other set.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Okay, I am so jealous of the nest boxes--mine are very sad looking. The first egg is always exciting!!