Saturday, September 26, 2009

Clarendon Chuckwagon cook off.

Ben Branding our chuck wagon sign with the Rising W Chuck wagon Brand.


Pace playing on the wood at the cook off this piece of wood was his horse. lol

These next pics are of Jayden doing his Jr. potato competition. He made mashed potatoes. The rules say the Jr. cook has to cook off some one else's wagon. So he drew the McFall wagon out of Pampa they were a great draw.


This is Jayden peeling potatoes.This is Jayden slicing potatoes.Checking the fire.Are they done yet?Mashing the potatoes.

Jayden did not end up placing but they did recognize him as the only competitor who used his own recipe and made it all him self. We were all proud of him and hope to be back next year to win!

I was not there on Saturday for the big cookoff so I have no pics of it. (Jayden had a football game) But the Rising W Chuckwagon did great.

Out of 10 wagons:
9th in Potatoes
6th in Cobbler
3rd in Beans
1st in Bread
1st in Meat
over all 2nd wagon!


1 comment:

Laura said...

Very cool! Jayden, I am so proud of you. I think it is neat that you took on this challenge. I can hardly wait to hear about it.