Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rise and Shine/Chores/ and some Legos

Woke up before the chickens this morning okay maybe not that early but 7am I woke up the kids trying to get us slowly back to the school sleeping hours.  I think this may be harder on me lol. We will do 7 all this week and then 6 next week oh my! Summer definitely has gone by way too fast.

I also have been pondering a chore chart or something like that to get us organized on chores in this house I used to just delegate chores by you go do this and you do that and I was very repetitive it drove me nuts with 4 kids to keep nagging on about doing their chores.  And adding a new kiddo to it all I knew something was gonna have to give. I have put a new chore organizing system into place today.  We will see how this works....I am hopeful! 


 This is my idea for chores....just a shoe organizer that Jentry had tore the bottom up so I cut off that part and had saved the top.  Each of the kiddos have their name on a to do card and a done card.  Each morning I put the daily chores in and they put them in done at the end of the day if they indeed have done all their chores that I put in their "to do" then they get a dollar a day.  Pay day is Sunday! I know there are other parents that think you don't need to pay your kiddos for chores but my thought is if you don't start teaching them now how to manage a few dollars now when they are older and have to make a budget to take care of them self...then what?  Also I think they feel a little independence having their own money and getting to buy that candy bar or save up for that toy they have wanted.  Also it motivates them too.  Jayden my 13 yr. old may think this is too childish for him but he is a good sport so the other kiddos will participate and hey he gets paid for what he would have to do anyways!
 Side view 
Had to share this pic Pace built a cool ship this morning with his legos 

No comments: