Monday, August 12, 2013

The Year of the Gourd

I planted cumbers, zucchini, squash, peas, even potatoes, okra, tomatoes, cantaloupe and on and on and on.... but new things popped up as I would go out and pull weeds so with the kids helping me plant as usual I thought hmmm wonder what they planted here and would leave it to grow hoping to reap what ever they sowed.  Welp I did..as everything started coming up guess what it was??

 Looks like it could be anything huh?...... so that is what I thought. 
 Take a closer look! 

Yep all (I mean all) of it is pumpkins and gourds.  The only thing I can figure out is the pig pens were over our garden last winter and we did feed them pumpkins and gourds after we were done with them from the fall. So we will have a great fall harvest of fall decorations. But next year when a foreign plant pops up I am pulling that sucker up! This is the year of the Gourd.
Now we do have beautiful sunflowers this year. And some pretty good tomato and jalapeno pepper plants but besides that it's all gourds.

No comments: