Monday, September 15, 2008

What a day!

Well today I had an outing which does not happen very often. I do not get out of Happy very much. So I went to Amarillo to take Hayes to his 2 year check up and buy some groceries, etc...

First I go to try and find some jeans and all I can find these days is low rise jeans. Those of you who have had kids know that those don't work so well. So then I head to Hayes appointment only to be turned away due to insurance complications -- I stomp out of the Dr. office wondering why I even came to town today? Then I go run another errand only to fail at this errand too...... and Pace and Hayes are not the best shoppers either so this didn't help.

While I was running this errand the Dr. calls my cell and says they do want to see us today and hope that I have not drove all the way back to Happy yet, so 12:45 they want to see me. I head to Sam's to buy groceries (now I have to hurry to complete all my errands before I need to pick Jayden up from school). When I get to the store I look back and see Hayes is asleep so I wake him up and put both boys in the basket -- Hayes was grumpy the whole shopping trip... also note to self do not put boots on the boys to shop in they take them off every chance they have ( in the car, in the basket, at lunch at the table, etc...). I got checked out eventually and put the kids in the car and the groceries in coolers.

Then off to Baker's Brothers for lunch. Well I was supposed to have lunch with Ben but couldn't get ahold of him so here I go taking a 4 year old and 2 year old to eat by myself. Wow I am brave lol. So I go in and order, get drinks, napkins, silverware, crackers, etc... then we get to a booth, only after getting both boys out of the bags of chips with me having a hand full of things to take to the table. I get our food and all is good till Hayes realizes he didn't get a drink -- he only had his boring old sippy cup so.... he wants Pace's. This didn't go over well with Pace and they start fighting and Hayes starts screaming (those who do not know Hayes he is a screamer drives me nuts). I get that situation taken care of by telling Pace it's ok you can share, when all the came to an end I learned a good lesson -- get Hayes a drink no matter what lol. Finally Ben calls and is on his way. So we all ate and look at the time and it is time to dash off to the Dr. office again. I start cleaning up the table and get the kids ready to go because during luch they decided to take off their boots and socks.... so I put Hayes' on first, then I am working on Pace's. I look up to check on Hayes just in time to see him sprinting off down the isle next to us! I chase him down and get him and back to Pace at our booth only to find Pace laying down drinking his drink which is a cup of sticky powerade (with a straw so of course it spilt all over him). I hold on to Hayes who is still trying to escape and wipe Pace down with a wipe. Then we get Pace's boots on and leave. (If any one was wondering where Ben was during all this and why was he not helping me... he was off getting his drink refilled!!) On the way to the car I notice Hayes has messed his diaper so I change that and off we go to the Dr. across town.

By the time we got to the Dr. the boys are usually taking a nap by this time so they are acting terrible and every mom in that waiting room probably thought I raise a bunch of hellions. We finally get to the room we are assigned at the Dr.s and Hayes threw the biggest fit I have ever seen him throw... it took 10 minutes for us to bribe him in to sitting on the scales so we could get his weight and 5-7 minutes for us to get his temp... during all this Pace did act nice thank goodness. I think he was in shock at the way Hayes was acting. So after all the screaming and 1 shot later we get in the car and have just enough time to get home to pick up Jayden from school, but I still need to go to Wal-Mart to finish grocery shopping. So I decide to pick him up then drive back to Canyon to finish shopping. By this time both little stinkers are napping in the back seat. Ahhh. now I can let my nerves calm down! So I pick up Jayden and we do the rest of the shopping and from here on it was all ok and you know why the little ones had thier nap. It is amazing what that nap does for little ones and mom too! lol So that is my adventure today.. hope tomorrow is less adventurous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you all glad to hear all the goings on with ya'll....madaline is enjoying 3rd grade except for math. she is playing soccer and i am going to practice today. she just got her braces , and is coping well. i am still searching for a job in this mixed up economy, and am no ,longer able to wk outside due to the last hosp. stay,because of heat stress, and kidney stones. Stay sane sis! hope to see ya'll sooner than l8r. much love to all!