We butchered our show pigs this weekend. It was our first time to butcher on our own. It went over very well. It was the perfect weekend for butchering due to the cold weather. It really is a rewarding thing to do, it is work to butcher but it is all worth while when your stocking your freezer up with all that pork. Ben and I would like to buy just domestic pigs to butcher after our pork is getting low in our freezer, so if any of you know anyone whose raises pigs let us know.
3 comments:
I took Meats class at A&M--call if you need help next time, maybe I can find my knives.
Looks like y'all did a great job!
You'll have to come over next time and tell us if were doing it the proper way. lol Did Tron get that sausage delivered to Robby? We sent some for ya'll to try.
Tron delivered the sausage. THANKS!! Robby has not made it home with it yet. I'm assuming he has it in the fridge at school. I heard Tron loved the process so much he wants to get a job in the meat packing industry! :) LOL
Post a Comment