Monday, February 22, 2010

Another household do it yourself tip.....

Usually every friday I try to iron..... I try to do my ironing every week so it won't over take me.... having 3 boys + Ben to iron for makes for alot of things to iron. Well this last friday I had forgot to get starch at the store when I had shopped so.... I started wondering could I make my own starch??? Once Ben and I looked up the recipe for home made starch I felt stupid it is so simple why had I been buying this stuff in a can all along???

Home made starch

1t. corn starch
2cups water

Shake it up in a spray bottle before using... it's that simple!

Ben and I actually like it better than the store bought. I bet the cost is pennies too.

1 comment:

Missy said...

I iron Chris' shirts for work and am forever having to buy a new bottle of starch because the nozzle gets clogged and I can't seem to get it unclogged! I am trying this on his shirts this week and see if he notices a difference. SSSHHH - don't tell him though! :)