Do any of you do a weekly menu??? I started doing this when Ben and I were first married it helped cut down on the grocery bill and the wastefulness of food that would go bad cause we would over buy usually, or we would get home and want to make something and didn't have all the ingredients. I usually shop for 2 weeks at a time and return to the grocery store some times during that period for fresh fruit and veggies since they won't keep the 2 weeks. Here is my menu for this week:
Tonight (friday) supper- Cajun Chicken Pasta/ Salad
Saturday: Breakfast- Bacon/ Pancakes/ Home made syrup
Lunch- Tator Tot. Casserole
Supper- Yum Nah (aka Beef Salad)/ steamed rice
Sunday: Breakfast- Biscuits/ Gravy/ Sausage
Lunch- Crock Pot Chicken/ Steamed Rice
Supper- Red Beans & Rice
Monday: Lunch- Leftovers
Supper- Chicken Noodle Soup/ crackers
Tuesday: Lunch-Grilled Cheese/ Tomato soup
Supper- Greek wraps
Wednesday: Lunch-Leftovers
Supper- Sweet & Sour Pork/ Steamed Rice
Thursday: Lunch- Leftovers
Supper- Chicken & Rice Casserole/ spinich
Friday: Lunch- Leftovers
Supper- Sausage links/ baked potatoes/ corn
My boys eat breakfast at the school every weekday morning so I don't plan breakfast meals during the school year. I make short hand orders for breakfast for Ben, Hayes and I during the week. We also eat leftovers up for lunch since its just Ben, Hayes and I during the week. It helps not to have to throw away so much food when it goes bad in your fridge.
I would love to see what all of your menus look like? Please share!
2 comments:
forget a menu--I'm coming to your house every night!
Just kidding--I used to be good about a menu and need to get back in the habit.
Thanks for the reminder.
I used to do that when kids were at home. We would also do breakfast for supper at least once every 2 weeks. It helped when I couldn't come up with something for supper. It also made it easy if we wanted to swap meals, as I shopped for all the meals so we knew we had everything on hand.
Post a Comment